Monday, July 6, 2009

Ha

A quick story that doesn't quite fit into a facebook update or tweet:

So there is this one fairly popular trail in Sitka that goes up Gavin and at the top there is a small cabin that is free for anyone to stay in. It was built by the search and rescue guys because they have to airlift lots of people off this trail every year [almost including me :-(]. So last time I went up there I left my Hungary flask, full of Jim Beam, in the cabin. As soon as I remembered, I despaired that the very next person would take it, which I would actually totally understand since there was still about three feet of snow on the ground, and Jim Beam is a great insulator. Then, two weeks later, my coworker Zach climbs up Gavin. He asks two people walking down if they happened to notice a flask in the shelter. They reponded "Yeah, and we really wanted to take it, but didn't because it said 'Hungary' on it." So he gets to the top of the hill and, lo and behold, the flask is still there.... and it's still full of bourbon! So hooray!

No comments:

 
Site Meter