Friday, September 25, 2009

Ha so this is a temporary post just so I get tonight's events in order as I remember them: I turn around and notice a man and a lady yelling at each other. All I hear is "Don't fucking spit on my friend" and a bunch of profanity. I mention to Casey and Patti, who are behind us, that it looks like things are going to get nasty, mostly jokingly. Then out of nowhere she slugs him and he try to hit her back. Casey, the hero, maneuvers him out of the ARC and into the courtyard before he can respond. I stay inside trying to figure out what happened, until I hear a commotion outside and go out to see what the deal is. There's lots of yelling and pushing, and I can't quite make out who is against who, but I see Richard screaming at some guy, who is screaming back. I ask Kirsten what's going on and she says to please get Richard inside before he gets punched in the face. I grab his arm and say "Richard, please go inside, I really think this dude is going to hit you," to which he responds "It's fine. I've done this before. He won't hit me." But right then the guy takes off his leather jacket and I say "Richard, even if you think you are totally fine, go inside," and he does. Then I finally see the guy who got hit in the face, and he is gushing blood from his mouth. Long story short: cops get called. Lots of minor near-skirmishes, but everything calms down. I may clear up this account in the morning, but I may not. Oh yeah: and the best quote of the evening went to the beaten who said, "If my girlfriend was here, she'd kick the shit out of you."

Also, so I don't forget, the legitimate sober quotation of the day goes to:
"Owls actually have ears that are asymmetrically placed on their heads. So they have an ear up here, and an ear down here. This let's them hunt at using nothing but sound."
"Sounds like my first wife."
What I wish I could say "What the fuck does that even mean, sir. Does your wife really have ears that increase her sense of hearing to superhuman levels? If so, she was a keeper."
What I actually said: "Ha."

No comments:

 
Site Meter